While there are many reasons to take up golf, most people play the sport for relaxation and enjoyment. Treading around the course in-between holes offers golfers temporary reprieve from the daily grind, and many great opportunities for socialization with family, friends, and business partners. While some players enjoy renting golf carts, health-conscious golfers take the distance in stride and usually feel that walking the green is just par for the course.
Just swinging a golf club can make you feel better. Psychologists have long lauded the benefits of exercise to both improve mood, reduce blood pressure, and enhance players’ overall quality of life. Golf is great exercise, mainly because it requires players to hone their balancing abilities, combining this with strength, agility, and mental focus.
That said, improper footwear can put a serious damper on your golf game. To have a good time, and play competitively, you need the best golf shoes for men that correctly supports your body, easing your range of motion. Core balance, coordination, and strength are all key components of golf. Heavy shoes that don’t bend and sopping wet feet certainly aren’t going to help you improve your score. So, if you’d like to step-up your golf game, you should consider stepping into a pair of new golf shoes.
Looking for Spikeless Golf shoes? Find the top ones here
Best Golf Shoes for Men 2020
To help ease your mind, we’ve compiled a list of some of the top golf shoes available today, along with in-depth reviews describing their pros and cons.
|Product Image||Product Name||Rating||Price|
|ECCO Men’s BIOM Hybrid Golf Shoe||4.6 Out of 5||Check Price|
|Nike Golf Men’s TW ’14 Golf Shoe||4.5 Out of 5||Check Price|
|Adidas Men’s Adizero Tour Golf Shoe||4.3 Out of 5||Check Price|
|PUMA Men’s Biofusion Lite Golf Shoe||4.6 Out of 5||Check Price|
|TRUE linkswear Men’s True Sensei Golf Sneakers||4.6 Out of 5||Check Price|
|FootJoy Men’s Hyperflex Golf Shoes||4.3 Out of 5||Check Price|
|Ashworth Mens Cardiff Adc Leather Golf Shoes||4.6 Out of 5||Check Price|
|Skechers Performance Men’s Go Golf Golf Shoe||4.3 Out of 5||Check Price|
|New Balance Men’s NBG574B Spikeless Golf Shoe||4.3 Out of 5||Check Price|
|Callaway Footwear Men’s Xfer Pro Golf Shoe||4.3 Out of 5||Check Price|
Scientific advancements in shoemaking have made it possible for trendy streetwear models to finally replace the clunky metal spikes of yesteryear. New shoe technology has made it possible for you to have shoes that feel good, look trendy, and support your gameplay. When it comes to the world of golf shoes, you really can have everything if you know where to look.
There are a huge variety of golf shoes on the market today, so it is crucial that you understand what to look for before purchasing a pair. Some of the major factors that you should consider before buying new golf shoes include the materials used to craft the shoe, the fitting process, the availability of that brand, the total price of the shoe, and the frequency of your play.
We recognize that buying a pair of golf shoes can be a little daunting at first, especially for beginners. With so many brands out there, it is hard to identify the winning pair you should buy. The process only gets more complicated when you consider that on the Internet, you literally have thousands of options. So, how do you separate the amateur shoes from the pros?
Features of the Best Cross Golf Shoes
The fact that the average golfer takes around four to six hours to play 18-holes, means that most golfers walk approximately four miles per course while spending additional time on their feet in-between swings. That’s a lot of ground to cover! A strong shoe that offers stellar support is a necessity for serious players who want to finish their golf games without aching feet and sore ankles.
Most people don’t know it, but golf shoes are intentionally built to provide more comfort and stability for golfers’ feet than regular everyday shoes. Golfers have very specific needs, and great golf shoe manufacturers try to build their shoes with the body mechanics of golf gameplay in mind.
For you to be able to hit a golf ball square in the middle, you need to have good core balance and stable foot placement. You need a fitted shoe with excellent traction so that you won’t slide around, or knock you off-center.
Here are some of the main features you should look for in a good reliable golf shoe:
- The best golf shoes fit comfortably and won’t leave your feet feeling cramped or crunched up inside the shoe. This is a major point of consideration, because a bad golf shoe will leave your feet blistered and sore. If the problem is severe, you might even have to take time away from the game so that your feet can heal.
- Top-shelf golf shoes are made with waterproof materials. The last thing you need is wet feet, when trying to make that winning shot. No one wants to fall during a key moment in the game or miss a hole because of slippery shoes. Slippery feet will cause you to waste a lot of energy, just trying to stay upright. When you’re playing in damp conditions, you need a shoe that offers stability and good treads so that you put your focus where it belongs—on the game.
- The breathability of the materials used to craft the golf shoe is also important because this is what keeps your feet cool while playing in high temperatures and allows air circulation to prevent fungal infections. Look for a shoe with perforation to assist in air circulation and prevent nasty infections and foot sores.
- The best golf shoes available are flexible and allow your feet to move in a free and natural manner. Most of the golf shoes that are made with leather material tend to be more flexible than those that are made from hard plastics.
- The choice between spiked shoes vs. spikeless golf shoes depends on your personal preference. Spiked golf shoes provide a higher level of traction and stability, but offer the drawback of added weight. This choice also depends on the conditions you are playing in. If you only golf in desert conditions, you won’t need spikes.
The Best Golf Shoe For Men Reviews
We’ve come up with a collection of the best golf shoes on the market today. We’re hoping that these golf shoe reviews will go a long way towards helping you to make the best possible decision when buying a pair of golf shoes. Hopefully, our reviews will help you to find the perfect fit, so you can play that perfect game.
Adidas Men’s Adizero Tour Golf Shoe
Adidas have been in the golf shoe market for a long time and have still managed to remain relevant by combining traditional designs with newer technology to manufacture elite golf shoes.
These golf shoes are the lightest shoes in the market, and having a pair in your closet will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make to ante up your golf game.
The stability and flexibility that the Adidas Men’s Adizero Tour Golf Shoe offers is all you will ever need to make sure you leave the golf course feeling great. These shoes are sure to leave your feet feeling revived, instead of fatigued or aching like many competitor brands.
- The Ultra –light tongue is perforated to ensure breathability
- Made of waterproof leather
- The Internal sprintweb TPU layer aids in core stability and balance
- Two insoles provide lightweight cushioning to your feet
- The sole contains a ten-spike configuration
- The fact that this shoe is extremely light makes it the best option for every golf course because it allows a high level of flexibility and movement of the feet, ankles, and toes. Notably heavy shoes significantly reduce athletic performance, which is a problem that Adidas has overcome in manufacturing the Adidas Men’s Adizero Tour Golf Shoe. This shoe is so light that you’ll barely even realize you have anything on.
- The breathable tongue is one of the major perks of this brand. The breathable tongue allows your feet to get a good amount of air.This keeps your feet cool all year long (even during the summer). Your feet will never overheat in these shoes, and you won’t become distracted mid-game by itchy socks. Moreover, the breathable material and holes prevent sweat from accumulating on and around your feet, which could lead to slippage, odor, and fungus. In these golf shoes, your feet will remain dry, which equals a high level of balance and stability.
- The material used to make this shoe is leather, which is waterproof. This means that you can play without any worries during the early morning hours, when there’s plenty of dew on the ground. The intricate leather surface also contributes to the incredible flexibility of the shoe. The high level of craftsmanship also means that you can expect this shoe to outlast its competitors.
- Individuals with wider feet might have a little trouble with the narrow sole of the shoe. If you have a wide foot, you’ll probably need to buy the shoe in a size that is a half-size bigger than what you normally wear.
Nike Golf Men’s TW ’14 Golf Shoe
Nike is a crowd favorite. Nike has been around for a long time, and this popular brand and has maintained its satisfied customers through the consistent production of high-quality golf shoes that suit golfers’ preferences and custom needs. On top of that, Nike boasts an impressive roster of alumni athletes.
The Nike Golf Men’s TW ’14 Golf Shoe is carefully crafted so that it meets golfers’ major requirements for comfortability, stability, and flexibility.
The fact that this golf shoe has embraced Tiger Wood’s logo is a bonus for many players and golf shops worldwide.
- A synthetic sole with six replaceable Champ Zarma spikes which add traction
- A combination of mesh and TPU allows for fantastic air circulation and prevents bad foot odor
- The shoe comes with Nike dynamic flywire, which contains ultra-light cables for added stability
- Waterproof microfiber synthetic leather
- The specially designed synthetic sole gives your feet a bit of free space for added comfort. The additional spikes and rubber dimples allow your feet to have a firmer grip on the ground, preventing slippage.
- This shoe has incredible traction and is ideal for those playing in wet climates.
- The built-in mesh and side perforations allow for incredible breathability, which keeps your feet cool and dry at all times. You can say goodbye to bad odor and the development of fungus infection if you’re prone to these conditions.
- Moreover, the Nike TW ’14 also contains Nike dynamic flywire cables, which provide a glove-like fit inside the shoe. This feature makes your feet feel more comfortable and gives you both versatility and stability.
- The waterproof leather prevents the entry of dew and can withstand even the dampest conditions. This feature ensures that your socks won’t get wet or soggy. Wet feet cause discomfort and reduce your performance—and this shoe takes every precaution to keep your feet dry regardless of weather conditions.
- The upper part of the shoe is crafted from a specially made thin material, which allows maximum flexibility. The upper part of the shoe is so light and thin that the material flexes and creases easily to accommodate any pressure.
- This shoe is a bit more expensive than many other brands
- This shoe is a little narrow, which could be a problem for individuals with wide feet
- This shoe is not as light as other golf shoes on the market
ECCO Men’s BIOM Hybrid Golf Shoe
Over the years, ECCO has created high-quality shoes that have drawn a lot of attention from both amateurs and pro golfers. Many people prefer buying ECCO shoes because their golf shoes are tailored to meet a wider variety of golfer’s preferences.
ECCO shoes are comfortable and long lasting, adding more value to what you’ll get for your money without lessening the quality. This is a fantastic golf shoe and one of the most comfortable golf shoes out there.
- High-quality leather that is extremely durable
- A breathable Yak upper shoe surface, which is waterproof
- A Lace-up vamp system that adds powerhouse support
- A lightweight surface which contributes to golfers’ outstanding performance
- Hydromax-treated leather that prevents fungal infection due to accumulated moisture, eliminating missed time due to foot rot and other conditions
- The water-repellent material used in constructing the shoe prevents your feet from getting wet when playing in damp conditions. Wet feet may slide from side to side in your shoes, which reduces stability and can negatively affect your swing. Waterproof shoes allow you to continue playing your course even when there is an unexpected downpour.
- The ECCO Men’s BIOM Hybrid golf shoe has a lace-up vamp system, which provides additional support and holds your feet firmly in place.
- Constructed from high-quality synthetic material that is incredibly durable and can withstand virtually any weather condition. These shoes were built for comfort, flexibility, and longevity.
- This shoe has a performance-enhanced inlay sole, which prevents unnecessary foot movement during your swing. The shoe is also lightweight to prevent fatigue during and after your course.
- If you require a half-size shoe, then you are out of luck. They only come in whole sizes. (i.e 8, 9, 10)
- Some users report that the shoe causes some minor irritation in the heel area which goes away after the shoe has adjusted to your feet. I have yet to experience this.
PUMA Men’s Biofusion Lite Golf Shoe
If you are looking for a golf shoe that will offer the maximum level of support and comfort available, as well as extreme breathability, then the PUMA Men’s Biofusion Lite Golf Shoe is exactly what you want.
PUMA has embraced new and advanced techniques in the manufacturing process of their golf shoes, to stay ahead of the competition. These shoes have a sleek and chic design that make you look stylish and trendy, which is certainly a huge plus for players who like to dress for their golf success.
- Swing Speed Quill spikes and pins for incredible traction
- Breathable orthoLite sock liner allows for maximum ventilation
- Enhanced lacing system that adds stability
- Comes with a two-year waterproof guarantee
- Made from Lightweight microfiber leather designed with stormCELL
- PUMA Men’s Biofusion Lite Golf Shoe has a TPU outsole which has Swing Speed Quill spikes that add the traction necessary for your swing
- The base of the golf shoe contains a breathable orthoLite sock liner, which has built-in perforations that allow for an easy flow of air while keeping your feet cool and dry. Great air circulation within this shoe prevents fungal infections and bad smells.
- Manufactured entirely from waterproof materials and is ultra-lightweight to keep your feet comfortable all day.
- The improved lacing system adds more support and prevents your feet from swaying. The high-tech laces keep your feet snug and comfortable.
- The sizing of this shoe is a bit narrow, which may require you to buy them a half-size bigger.
- The shoe also lacks arch support. So, if you have flat feet, this isn’t the shoe for you—unless of course, you’re willing to buy some inserts.
TRUE Linkswear Men’s True Sensei Golf Sneakers
TRUE has become a household name in the world of professional golf. This competitive brand is known for their innovation—they’re constantly releasing cool shoes, which take gameplay to a new level.The company is unique and stands-out, but is best known for its comfortable shoes. TRUE shoes will keep your feet feeling great, and won’t leave you with blisters or sore heels. They are the gold-standard in comfort.
TRUE linkswear Men’s True Sensei Golf Sneakers are the most comfortable shoes on the market and buying this pair will rescue you from blisters and sore feet for years to come. You can forget the ongoing hustle of searching for a comfortable golf shoe, because once you’ve bought these—you’ll never want to try another brand.
This shoe is brilliantly designed so that the toe is always at the same level as the heel. This nifty little feature makes you feel closer to the ground and adds more stability to your swing.
The design of this shoe is impeccable, and they also have the added advantage of being truly multipurpose. So, apart from wearing the shoe during your 18-hole course, you can also wear it to the gym or even while long-distance running.
The shoe also provides the breathability and stability necessary to get you to the 18th hole without discomfort, or any slippage. These golf shoes have excellent traction.
- Contains an Ergo-traction outer sole which provides maximum support
- Has a breathable and perforated tongue for air circulation
- Made from waterproof material
- The shoe is lightweight
- Rubber soled
- The breathable tongue aids in ventilation and keeps your feet cool during the most arid golfing conditions. The stellar air circulation system leaves your feet dry and free from any moisture that would cause fungal infections. The tongue also adds support for your feet.
- This shoe’s Ergo-traction outsole gives your feet a firm grip on the ground, thus allowing you to gain balance even on uneven ground.
- With this shoe, you can play in the morning without slipping around because of early morning dew. Also, the waterproof material protects your feet from getting wet. The material is ultra-durable giving you a bit more bang for your buck because the shoe will last a long time, compared to the rest.
- The light weight of the shoe makes it the best choice for pros and amateurs because it offers incredible stability and reduces fatigue.
- The shoe is multipurpose, giving you the necessary support for your golf course. You can also rock this shoe in various other scenarios like crossfit workouts or sports like long distance running.
- TRUE Linkswear Men’s True Sensei Golf Sneakers are designed with a wider toe box, which makes it a good fit for golfers with wider feet.
- Some golfers report that there is slight irritation around the ankle and lower shin. Once again, I have yet to experience this but if you purchase some comfortable socks, this should not be an issue.
- Since this shoe has a wider toe box, you’ll certainly want to try the shoe on before you buy it–especially since your normal size might feel a bit bigger in this golf shoe model.
The major features of a good golf shoe are virtually always a matter of stability, comfort, waterproof abilities, breathability, flexibility, and lightweight build. A golf shoe with all these qualities will improve your performance on your golf course and will help get you through 18-holes with a lot less discomfort. After all, while golf is a serious sport—it’s also a game which can be played for leisure or hobby.
Based on the reviews above, the outstanding features of the Adidas Men’s Adizero Tour Golf Shoe make it stand out as the best golf shoe among the five we discussed. The lightweight build of the shoe makes it one of the most comfortable golf shoes and also gives you added stability to give a little pep to your swing. With this pair of golf shoes, you will hardly even notice you have any shoes on at all. This incredible golf shoe will allow you to move freely and naturally, reducing fatigue and creating a better overall golfing experience for pros and amateurs alike.
This shoe also contains a breathable tongue with tiny perforations that allow air circulation, which will keep your feet dry and cool throughout your course. This also prevents any build-up of sweat inside your socks, which could lead to fungal infections. The durable spikes on the sole provide maximum traction and reduce the impact pressure on your feet.
Since this shoe is waterproof, it’s a perfect choice for early morning golfers because this model will keep your feet dry in virtually every climate.
The incredible durability of the material used to craft this shoe is an outstanding added feature. When you buy this pair of shoes, you will not only get a high-quality product, but you will also gain a show with an incredible ability to last.
The next time you go shopping for golf shoes, make the Adidas Men’s Adizero Tour Golf Shoe your first choice. You will feel the difference in comparison to other golf shoes. For beginners and pros alike—this is the BMW of golf shoes. This shoe will give you an incredible experience that no other golf shoe can top.
Browse through here to read reviews on golf shoes that I have not covered on this page.